The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:22 am 
TDC Spares Officer

CAR IS NOW SOLD

An ex club members pride and joy, a very late W plate Dolomite 1850 HL first registered on the 9th September 1980 which makes it one of the last cars to be made.

JMK 907W has always been garaged and meticulously cared for. It is presented in Brooklands Green with beige cord interior, it currently sits on Spitfire wheels with gold coachlines. Both the paintwork and interior look to be in excellent condition, I have seen end of the line dealer specials built up in this way so there is a chance that this could be one of them.

Two former keepers, lots of receipts and spares to go with the car, including a rad with kenlowe fan setup.

The car has been in dry storage since the previous owner passed away, its previous MOT expired in October 2019. It has been started and run up to temperature on a regular basis. Recently the fuel pump has given up and the battery has died, a new one has been purchased but due to the current situation the current custodian of the car cannot get it fitted.

I have attached photos of the car before it was put into the garage, as soon as the situation lets me I will go and fit the new fuel pump, fit a replacement battery, get the car started and tune the carbs with some fresh fuel. I will also be able to run it and test the brakes, suspension, steering etc... I will also be able to take some more up to date photos of the car.

I have updated the post with some photos of the car as it currently sits.

The car has some good points and some bad points. The car appears to be structurally sound. There is some rust in the door bottoms, sills and at the back of the wheel arches in the boot. Nothing that’s not repairable. The front off side wing and nose panel looks to have had some damage and requires remedial repairs. The near side front door similarly.

The car is a good candidate for repair and refurbishment.

There is a brand new and second hand engine block in the garage if needed.

There are some Dolomite related parts in the boot.

Currently asking £1500 as it sits, car is currently located in Upham, Hampshire.

If you are interested in the car please contact me via direct message and I will put you in contact with the owners daughter.

Last edited by James467 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:04 am 
TDC Member

Hi, please can I have the contact details as I would like to buy the car?

Regards,

Nick Butler 07730 373430.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:48 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

First registration in September 1980 does not guarantee it being one of the last made; it could have been made any time prior to first registration (after 1976, obviously)

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:58 am 
TDC Member

That looks to be stonking value, especially nowadays.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 pm 
TDC Spares Officer

Quote:
First registration in September 1980 does not guarantee it being one of the last made; it could have been made any time prior to first registration (after 1976, obviously)
Chassis number starts with TWFLC1AT1xxxxx

So, yes it is a late car. :rasp2:

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:40 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
Quote:

So it was made after 01 September 1979 :rasp:

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 pm 
TDC Member

I’d certainly be interested too.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:59 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Quote:

James, I popped you a message this morning. Not sure if you have seen it?
Cheers
Clive

PostPosted:Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:13 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
An ex club members pride and joy, a very late W plate Dolomite 1850 HL first registered on the 9th September 1980 which makes it one of the last cars to be made.

JMK 907W has always been garaged and meticulously cared for. It is presented in Brooklands Green with beige cord interior, it currently sits on Spitfire wheels with gold coachlines. Both the paintwork and interior look to be in excellent condition, I have seen end of the line dealer specials built up in this way so there is a chance that this could be one of them.

Two former keepers, lots of receipts and spares to go with the car, including a rad with kenlowe fan setup.

The car has been in dry storage since the previous owner passed away, its previous MOT expired in October 2019. It has been started and run up to temperature on a regular basis. Recently the fuel pump has given up and the battery has died, a new one has been purchased but due to the current situation the current custodian of the car cannot get it fitted.

I have attached photos of the car before it was put into the garage, as soon as the situation lets me I will go and fit the new fuel pump, fit a replacement battery, get the car started and tune the carbs with some fresh fuel. I will also be able to run it and test the brakes, suspension, steering etc... I will also be able to take some more up to date photos of the car.

Currently asking £1500 as it sits, car is currently located in Upham, Hampshire.

If you are interested in the car please contact me via direct message and I will put you in contact with the owners daughter.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:06 pm 
TDC Member

Now re-homed🙂