The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A massive THANK YOU to everyone who turned up today to make this event so very, very special! It will go down as a vintage event in the Club's history. A truly lovely day out - thank you so much!

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 pm 
TDC Member

Had a good time at the show, good turn out,thanks to all involved

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Let’s get a date and venue agreed for next year’s event as soon as possible so all those who couldn’t make it yesterday can plan around it...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:03 am 
TDC Member

We had a good time and I came away with much needed swag, cheers Alun and to all who organised it. Ive never been to TDCIR before so for me it was the most Dolly's/Toledos Ive seen in one place :thumbsup:

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:58 pm 
TDC Member

Just to reiterate and thank all the members who contributed to the organisation of the event. The weather helped make the day a great one as well. I had several members ask me about rebuilding engines & gearboxes so I may be busy in the garage again in the not too distant future. :D

Engines, Gearboxes, Overdrives etc. rebuilt. PM me.

1997 TVR Chimaera 450

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:43 pm 
TDC Member

Yup, it was a good do yesterday at an excellent location. The good thing was that Wife could visit the Craft Exhibition while I talked shiney bits and oily bits to Club members. And guess what, I got a new 75W inner sealed beam unit for just a tenner ! It was worth going for that.
Quite a good cafe with excellent coffee and good soup and crusty roll , but the baked spud was disappointing . Never mind.

C.U. next year ?
Tony.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:10 pm 
Hi all had a great time at TDCIR good to meet some of you cheers to Alun , dave b for the bits, cheers to all for a great event, good to see some many Triumph"s in one place. cheers Brian &matt.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:55 pm 
Gutted i couldn't make this, But with a 6 week old baby it just wasn't viable.

I would be keen to know the date for next year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:08 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Agreed, it was a top day out that myself and even the family enjoyed even though we were pretty late along due to the previous nights antics. It was a nice 150 mile round trip and now I know that I have to remove my spare wheel in order to get the pushchair in the boot! But, the car managed 4 of us and a full boot with no bother.

The highlight was without a doubt a quick outing in Steves Carledo, its a fantastic drive. Its confirmed my need for more POWER!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:10 pm 
TDC Member

Just catching up with forum stuff.
Please pass on my thanks to all who organised and contributed to a great day out made better by the weather situation.
A slight detour off the M1 due to closure made for a more scenic drive in.
Managed to relieve Robin and Mike Barker of some parts and a good rummage in all the stuff Alun brought revealed some interesting others.
I also managed to renew my membership, so spent a bloody fortune what with the misses in the craft shops as well.
My overall joy was seeing the Magenta car, Dave revealing that it is actually an 1850 with Sprint running gear.
This just makes mine all the more rare as an original magenta car, not that it will be original when finished.

Was great to catch up and introduce myself with some people and see some fine metal on show.

Well done to all for turning up and making it the success it was.

75 Sprint in Magenta called GunGaDiN GGD944N
2017 Jaguar XE R-sport

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:18 pm 
TDC Member

Regrettably, the clash with the Goodwood Revival (for which tickets had to be booked and paid for several months ago) meant I could not attend this year - the first I have missed for a while.

The weather was certainly a huge improvement in last year, where the first thing I had to do was go into the craft village and buy a warm sweater!

Hatton has improved markedly as a venue over the years, even if it remains a bit of a trek for me.

I certainly missed the annual chin-wag with old faces (and new) and hope to be back next year.

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:32 pm 
TDC Member

It was a great day and I would like to thank everyone who was involved.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think the unanimous verdict was; it was a Grand Day Out. Now the focus moves to when and where next year's event will be held and we'll start a discussion on that very soon.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.