The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My new Dolomite Sprint
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 pm 
Hi Everyone

I have just purchased this Dolomite Sprint and although it has come with a fair amount of history, I just wondered if anyone knew the car previously?
The previous owner, Peter Johnson, has unfortunately passed away and the car has been in storage for the last 12 years.
The registration number is TLE 831W and I have attached some photos.

Thanks in advance
Tony

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmpD2ijLj ... .jpg[/IMG]
Image[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:51 pm 
TDC Member

Stored very well if that's what it came out looking like! Dolomites do look nice in blue it has to be said.

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We're sad to hear of the news about Peter, he was a very active member back in the day. We remember the car very well and we are delighted that it has found a new home. Enjoy :D

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:53 pm 
Did not Know Peter but when I bought the car there where some photos and a phone number so I rang the number and spoke to his wife [who told me he had passed away] she was pleased to hear that I had bought the car ,and asked if I would send her a photo of the car so I will as soon as I can she also said he cherished the car ,be nice to find a bit more about the car.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:10 pm 
looks a great car - well found

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:25 pm 
TDC Member

Looks great, someone took great car storing the car, some condition.

Built 26/6/1980 (one of the last built), Auto, Porcelain White - Genuine Mileage 52,820 (warranted).

Only 3 previous owners, (2 within the same family).

Supplied by Lavender Hill Garage Ltd, Enfield, London, by garage owner Jimmy Metcalfe on 30th September 1980 to Geoffery Robinson, Enfield.

Club Membership No: 2017092

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:42 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

We knew Peter quite well and are very sad to hear that he has passed. He was always a very pleasant and polite man. It is some time since we have seen him and he was then rather frail. We did a few shows together in the North West. He lived somewhere in the Stoke on Trent area.

I also remember the car and it was one of the best around and looks like it still is. We are very pleased that it the car has found a new owner. Please look after it as I am sure he would have wanted.

Peter and the car won an award at the TIME event which was held at Mallory Park in year 2000 to commemorate the Millennium. Triumph Into the Millennium Event. It was a rather nice cut glass rose bowl. I wonder whether his wife might still have it.

Tony, where do you live? It would be good to meet and and see the car again.