The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1500 SE ***SOLD***
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:53 am 
TDC Member

CAR SOLD

Dear All,

I need to sell my 1500 SE, for rather unusual reasons. I am busy organising a surprise garden party to celebrate my partner's 50th birthday, and need the space currently taken up by the Dolomite to accommodate the band that will be playing. I really need it gone by the end of December.

The car is FGU 417V. It's currently off the road, was last MOT-ed in December 2012, mileage 101,113, since when it's been in dry storage. It's in pretty good order, but is currently very dusty and has the engine bay partway through a precautionary head gasket change that has not been completed, due to other projects, so will need trailering away. All the parts are present.

The paintwork is really pretty good, certainly enough not to demand a respray. The wheels were media blasted and powder coated, in black, in November 2012, come complete with the chrome trims, and the car had two new tyres in December 2012, so all the round things are in very good condition. The same month the copper brake pipes were replaced throughout, and the car had new front brake pads and squeal shims, new rear brake shoes, new rear brake cylinders, and new brake master cyclinder seals. So it was put away in good nick, and there's paperwork to show what's been done. There's a spare gearbox and a number of small spares that will come with the car.

There's a reasonable file of paperwork, including past MOT certificates. The V5C is in my name and gives my home address. The car was valued by the club, back in January 2010, at £2,500.

I can supply any number of current photos to anyone displaying a genuine interest, and any inspection is welcome. In the meantime, attached are a couple of photos from the month the car was put away. The car is just outside Oswestry, postcode SY10. I'd like £900 please. The successful buyer will even get an invite to the party which forces the sale!

All best wishes,
Richard
07910 240 655

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 192.44 KiB | Viewed 1836 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 198.21 KiB | Viewed 1836 times ]

Blog: www.ymgw.blogspot.com

Post subject: Re: 1500 SE FOR SALE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:54 pm 
TDC Member

That seems mighty cheap for one of the rarest dollies, very few SE's around now even making the papers as seen on the SE owners page.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:47 pm 
TDC Member

It's priced to sell Pete, without going mad with too low a price. I'm hoping she'll find a good home.
Regards,
Richard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:54 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Ooooohhh, that's one damn sexy looking beast :eyes4u:
Best of luck with the sale I'm sure someone will snap up that bargain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:54 pm 
TDC Member

Have the seats been changed or was there an option for vinyl too?
Great car for the money though, sooo tempted :)

GLWS

Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:25 pm 
TDC Member

seats look to be original to me, vinyl on side of headrests, grey velour.

I would think just wrong time of year to be selling.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:13 pm 
TDC Member

You may be right (on both counts) :)

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:00 pm 
TDC Member

The seats have not been changed, are the original velour seats. The owner prior to myself had a second set of (vinyl) seats, which were used often, one reason why the velour ones are in such good condition.

It may well be right that this is not the best time of year to be selling, but I have a particular, space-related, reason for needing to do so. Four people have so far expressed interest, three seriously, and I'm hoping that a deal can be done soon that leaves everyone happy. At the end of the day, I need certainty over the car moving on, to a good new owner, so all serious interest is very welcome. Go on, spend just a few hundred quid and save this SE!

Best wishes - and happy Christmas.

Regards,
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:59 am 
TDC Member

I have now accepted a deposit for sale of the SE. Subject to payment of the balance and collection, the car is, thus, now sold. Many thanks for the interest expressed by various potential buyers, most gratifying. If, for any reason, the sale falls through, I will be back in touch - although I expect it to proceed smoothly.

Andy, the chap who is buying the car has been trying to sign up to the forum, without apparent success. Once the deal's all done I'll be back in touch with you with his details, such that you can perhaps expedite matters? Many thanks.

Regards,
Richard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:01 pm 
TDC Member

The SE has now been sold, has gone to a very nice chap Wolverhampton-way. Sad to see it heading off, but better that it goes to someone who will be getting it back on the road, than it continues to sit in the garage, awaiting its turn in the queue of projects.

My apologies to anyone who may have felt that the car was sold from under them, but I had made it clear that I needed it moved swiftly, and it has gone to the very first person to actually conclude a deal. Many thanks for all the interest, the degree of which surprised me at this time of year.

Regards - and a happy new year,
Richard