The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:47 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Hi

After the deletion of the last thread I have posted my updates from my local MSPs in the general section.

Anyone in Scotland had a reply from the MSP, I have had two so far.

Regards

Barry

1975 Triumph 1500 TC various shades of blue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:33 pm 
TDC Member

Yes, my MSP for South Ayrshire, John Scott, replied like this.

Dear Michael

Thank you for your email and also for enclosing the briefing note from the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs. I entirely share your concerns over this matter, and believe that legislation should be framed in such a way to allow for the continued celebration and practical use of our country’s historic vehicles.

I am supportive of the amendments lodged by my colleague Murdo Fraser and, although not a member of the Rural Economy and Connectivity Committee, I hope that they are passed by that committee and, if not, I will certainly support any equivalent amendments made in subsequent stages of the consideration of this Bill. I will also speak with Murdo directly about this, as suggested in the FBHVC note.

Thank you again for contacting me over this matter and I hope this is helpful in the meantime.

Kind regards,
John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:00 pm 

Hi John

Far more promising than my Rely from Kevin Stewart MSP as below, But if Murdo Frasers not successful I will hassle him some more!

Dear Barry,

Many thanks for your email regarding this important matter.

As you may be aware, the Rural Economy & Connectivity Committee will be considering the Bill at Stage 2 tomorrow. At this point, amendments will be put forward and considered, but it is at Stage 3 that the Bill will be voted upon within the chamber with selected amendments put forward to a vote too.

Our vision for Scotland is to have the cleanest air in Europe with Low Emission Zones being one part of a range of actions taken forward by the SNP Scottish Government to make our transport system cleaner and to improve air quality.

The Scottish Government will consider historic vehicles as part of the development of regulations for the LEZ section of the Transport (Scotland) Bill. Full details of exemptions will be laid out within the accompanying regulations as opposed to the Transport (Scotland) Bill itself.

I appreciate this does not give certainty regarding what provisions will be included in relation to your concerns, but I hope you find this information useful

Regards

Barry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:05 pm 
TDC Member

I sent an email to my constituency MSP and to the seven regional MSPs for this area. I've had two replies from regional MSPs, both 'supporting their colleague's amendment' although neither are on the Rural Economy and Connectivity committee.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:09 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Hi John

Far more promising than my Rely from Kevin Stewart MSP as below, But if Murdo Frasers not successful I will hassle him some more!

Dear Barry,
..........The Scottish Government will consider historic vehicles as part of the development of regulations for the LEZ section of the Transport (Scotland) Bill. Full details of exemptions will be laid out within the accompanying regulations as opposed to the Transport (Scotland) Bill itself................

Regards

Barry
Well that's promising, it didn't make sense not to consider historic vehicles, but I haven't seen anything that intimated they were to be considered - maybe it's on a checksheet of things to be discussed before the final reading. "Trains - check, Buses - check, trams - check, classic cars - oh hang on we forgot about them"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:30 pm 

[/quote]

Well that's promising, it didn't make sense not to consider historic vehicles, but I haven't seen anything that intimated they were to be considered - maybe it's on a checksheet of things to be discussed before the final reading. "Trains - check, Buses - check, trams - check, classic cars - oh hang on we forgot about them"
[/quote]

Thanks for all the feed back folks, looks like it will hopefully go our way, but its still worth keeping on the pressure!

Regards

Barry

Post subject: Okay…
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:14 pm 
TDC Member

We don't need two threads on exactly the same subject, therefore I have locked this one and
please post any further replies in the other.....
https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... 15&t=35025

thanks,

Ian.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]