The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:47 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

FYI Something I organised at the BMM this year, mainly because it's an International event. And to be honest I'm fed up with others doing our history better than we do! I have been asked by Lesley from the SOC and others to revive it for the Centenary so see below.

Following a great event this year. For the International Drive your Triumph Day Friday 10th of Feb 2023 , British Motor Museum will again be a Destination, For the worldwide celebration of John Black's Birthday.

The turn out was 50 Standard and Triumph cars including the oldest Triumph on the road. All having the opportunity to park between the Last TR7 Built and the Last Stag Built moved out of the museum for one day only to take a Photo to load to the global website. Totally unique, it was a great ice breaker for the season to come and something a social gathering.

For 2023 the museum is doing it again, for one day only they will roll out a beautiful 1936 Standard Speedline and The Last Dolomite Sprint off the line. To celebrate additionally both 50 years of Sprint and kick off 100 Years of Triumph Celebrations.

The Stags and TR's turned out in numbers this year and would be nice if we can get some more representation from the Triumph Saloons and not let the sports cars have all the fun.

Free to participate but additionally this time there is also a Discounted Entry to the Museum for participants, which houses 400 British cars and the Cafe as this was the only suggested improvement from last time. With many expected to return next year.

Standard and Triumph Cars have reserved parking outside the entrance where the photos can be taken. Museum including Cafe and Shop. If you have not been before it's so easy to find just off the M40 motorway.

See you there!

Happy Birthday to Captain Black, The Dolomite Sprint and All Triumphs everywhere

Robin Scales

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:57 am 

The February date sounds like a great idea.
I would dearly love to get a picture of VA6 next to the last Sprint and this would be a rare opportunity.

There is a large Triumph/MG show at Silverstone in June. Is there any news on a Dolomite presence for that?

Another new one is green too but not as green as the previous one. Still pretty green. No, now it's Blue.
The other new one will be white with stripes. Actually it might not. No, it will be.
BUT, that one is definitely Yellow :=}

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:31 am 

Team,

An update to the International Drive your Triumph Day, The event is free to attend and the £10 discount entry for those attending in Triumph and Standard cars with the front section of the carpark reserved for them. The Museum and Cafe opens at 10:00 the Standard Streamline and the Last Dolomite Sprint will be in place before then for your pictures with you and your car.
From last time cars arrive throughout the morning depending on if they are driving straight there or on a scenic group runout finishing at the museum.
Long range forecast says we have had the artic blast and snow and the salty roads that go with it look to be over with and even a slight rise in temperature. But come on, it will still be Feb so unless you are a Postman shorts are unlikely to be appearing.
The Stags and the TR Drivers were there in numbers last year so be good to see some saloons especially Dolomites flying the flag on the 50th anniversary.
I counted 18 Triumphs in the museum collection of over 400 Cars so when you have meet up and chatted outside the option to visit and get hot food and drink might well be appealing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Weather permitting we are hoping to see some Dolomites in attendance, we have been publicising this event elsewhere.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:06 am 

Well, I didn't see any Dolomites attending, so here's a picture of the last Sprint off the production line for those that couldn't make it.
Took my TR7 Sprint on a shakedown run with rebuilt engine and electric water pump. All working well.
Cheers, Jerry

Attachments:
Gaydon (8).jpg
Gaydon (8).jpg [ 170.49 KiB | Viewed 1465 times ]
Gaydon (7).jpg
Gaydon (7).jpg [ 169.65 KiB | Viewed 1465 times ]