The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Toledo 16v
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:32 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Its been quite chilly in the garage in recent months, but I have been trying to get the Toledo up and running somewhat better than when I bought it, it never was a horrible car, just needed a bit of time on it, bearing in mind it had an engine swap in 2002, for a vauxhall 16v 2ltr redtop, with some additional tuning to bring it up to around 190-200bhp, its fun without a doubt, but now showing its age.
Trying to sort out the wiring has been a nightmare, which appears to have been modified then modified again ad infinitum, I sort of came to a conclusion it needed more work when I found 4 crimp connectors in the wire from the alternator to the battery, and another 3 in the starter solenoid wire, so I stripped a lot of wiring that looked dubious and re-did it, and at that time fitted a battery in the boot, running extra wires for future fitment of fuel injection.

there still is a mess of crimps and scotch-locs under the dash complete with a frazzled wire too, this will get done soon,
Exhaust has been redone too with a decent manifold as the previous one had somehow been squashed to about 1/2 of its original dia, and seriously restricted the gas flow, that and fixing all the exhaust joint leaks x3 make for a much quieter car,

and the seemingly contentious bit, the triumph LOGO, now painted and fitted