Very brief update as the car is back together for now. I decided to not do the "upper" half of the front suspension as the upper ball joints were fine and the wishbone bushes, although I have new ones to go on, seemed OK for now. Perhaps this is lazy, but I just want to try out the new ball joints and bushes on the lower half and see if they make much of a difference. I think they will judging by the state of the removed ball joints....
I decided on going for some sprintspeed adjustable tie bars though currently they are set to be the same length as standard tie bars - can adjust when I track the car.
Also replaced the track rod ends as the previous ones were a bit notchy feeling.
I plan on putting the radiator back on and going for a drive now. I think the car may need tracking after all this, though I doubt changing the wishbone bushes will change much if they aren't perished already, so hopefully I can just track the car now then fit the UWBs at a later date without any change in the tracking. May do the subframe bushes at the same time and just lower the whole lot a bit to make things easier. For now I just want to drive the car!