The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:58 pm 
Quote:
You guys reckon that you need to be there THAT early?

I will be staying at the travelodge at Rugby dunchurch, so what time should I leave to get to Stoneleigh and does anyone have any directions?

Alan
Dunchurch to stoneleigh is roughly 1/2 hour 40min, just follow the signs for the A45 COVENTRY, after going over (i think) 2 islands you will come to a massive island which is trafficlight controlled...take the second exit (this is a continuation of the A45) at the next island (peugeot one your right, BP stantion on left) take the 1st exit....follow that road and stoneleigh will come up on your right, its about 5-10min from that island!!

Quick question....why does everyone that stays over before the show stay out of Coventry?? There is a Holiday inn 10min away from stoneleigh by the peugeot/BP island!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:42 pm 
£29 a night at the travelodge was cheapest I could find and so sounded like a pretty good idea to me!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:00 am 
Quote:
£29 a night at the travelodge was cheapest I could find and so sounded like a pretty good idea to me!!
Fair point, iv just done a quick search on the Holiday inn web site, for a standard room for 2 people, book in on the 9th feb out on the 10th it would be £49.95....

Its cheaper than we paid for a travel lodge when we went to the enfeild pagent, it cost us £60 a room for one night!!

But not as cheap as £29

and its not gonna cost the difference in fuel to get to stoneleigh!!

Nathan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:15 am 
Iv been asked to post this by a committee member......

The club stand for the stoneleigh show is going to be a 70's theme stand, it will also represent a 1970's car dealership with various members dressed up as a car salesman, service technician, and parts tech, the rest of us will be the general public looking at buying a “new” car!!

If you want to come dressed in 70’s style then that is up to yourselves but it would look good whist on the stand, the guys that are helping out will be dressed in 70’s clothes for the day, me and von included!!

We have never tried anything like this before, and will be a first!!

We’re also hoping it will generate a lot of interest to the stand and also for the club as i have never seen anything like this at stoneleigh!!

So there we go, we just wanted to let the members know what the plan is for the Sunday, dressing up its optional but we are hoping that the members helping out on the day will join in with the theme!!

Nathan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:37 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

So...who is going?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:56 pm 
ill be there .. if i can save a few quid on parts i need, ill use the cash to join up .. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:36 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Me too. Need to renew membership soon I guess.
No 70's get up for me though :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:49 am 
TDC Member

I will be there, need to rummage the autojumble for some things. I will also have my afro with me... :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:20 pm 
Quote:
So...who is going?
Me and Yvonne
mike and Val
Ceri
BWJ and Co
Ken
Adrian
Mark (cov rep)
Mark ashbridge
Andy p
Dave p
Colin
Ant

At least 12 on the list are helping with the stand and will hopefully be in 70's gear!!

Nathan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:29 pm 
TDC Member

Me and Yvonne +MWK
mike and Val +?
Ceri
BWJ and Co +KAC and BUD
Ken
Adrian
Mark (cov rep)
Mark ashbridge
Andy p
Dave p
Colin
Ant

1965 Triumph 2000 black and rust
1967 BSA B40wd green
2018 Jaguar E pace 2018
NOBODY expects the Canley Inquisition!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:55 pm 
Quote:
Me and Yvonne +MWK
mike and Val +?
Ceri
BWJ and Co +KAC and BUD
Ken
Adrian
Mark (cov rep)
Mark ashbridge
Andy p
Dave p
Colin
Ant
Hi, can Sarah and Tom join your gang, we'll be coming from Durham with "Ice Blue Cool" ( Nattypix) :bluewave:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:40 pm 
Quote:
Hi, can Sarah and Tom join your gang, we'll be coming from Durham with "Ice Blue Cool" ( Nattypix) :bluewave:
Me and Yvonne +MWK
mike and Val +?
Ceri
BWJ and Co +KAC and BUD
Ken
Adrian
Mark (cov rep)
Mark ashbridge
Andy p
Dave p
Colin
Ant
Sarah & Tom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:24 pm 
TDC Member

I'll be there, at least for the middle part of the day, after I have finished shuttling kids around, and before I restart shuttling later in the day.

Don't know about 70's garb - more like overalls as I will be handling an engine and a diff, among other sundries....

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:43 pm 
Colin, now I'm confused. When you say MAIN car park. Is that where I eventually found you last time? Where the KFC is, etc, etc. NOT the petrol station bit. Change of plan re: vehicle, I will most likely go in Big Momma as I will be bringing back seats and things. She may be 2.5 litres of LR throbbiness but she's SLOW in a throbby sort of way. Are you sure you can cope with sublight speeds, especially with you being all Sprinted up and all? :lol: :lol:

Ken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

My tickets arrived this morning!

Getting excited now...what is the weather forecast?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next