The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:20 pm 
Hi all,
Amazing you should ask me
Quote:
Any updates of how you are getting on?
I was just about to post on here today!!
There has been lots happening. But not had the time or another pair of hands to take the pics.
I have got 'Golly' to a very good stage. Now running brilliantly. Starts first flick of the switch. I have driven her back and forward on the drive.
Replaced the little bush at the bottom of the steering column. Had a lot of fun and games with the electrics. But now virtually everything is working as it should. Fitted a new full set of cooling hoses, etc etc etc.

The shell is in excellent condition, as seen from earlier posts on here, it needs just a little patch at the O/S front of the sill (in the wheel arch)
and a little repair to the N/S rear sill (in the wheel arch)
and a repair to the O/S rear wing.
I need to move her on now though as time has caught up with me. She was a summer restoration, as I love being out in the fresh air fettling and playing in the summer.
In the winter however I move indoors and turn my attention to motorcycles again. I have a group of guys who ask me to look after their bikes and I always get a 'list' of people who need jobs done on their bikes in the winter. The first bike is being delivered here next week so sadly 'Golly' has to go.
So she is up for sale I do not know what price to ask. I didn't buy her to make a profit. She was a summer friend and she has been great. She is virtually ready for an MOT. Couple of welding jobs as described, washers need to work, and she needs one seat belt stalk. There are no carpets inside. The seats look fine, and the front door cards are missing.
She has a lovely Webasto.
Could be a great car with some more work. Any offers or questions?