The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Custom made sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:19 am 
Following on from the topic about dealer stickers, I would love to get a sticker made up for my car which shows the logo of the company who originally purchased my car.

Lot's of people on eBay showing they make custom stickers but normally set around a template of their own.

Is there anyone who can make up a (cheapish) sticker maybe from a scan of the company's logo? Or maybe someone with computer software who can print onto vinyl so I can stick it to the inside of the glass - I am thinking of something around the size of a tax disc holder.

Post subject: Re: Custom made sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:43 pm 
Its not cheap to get a print company to do a one off or small run, there is an Ebay seller called 'isaydingdong' who I have used with good results in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:26 pm 
Looking on Google it appears there is some vinyl backed paper which anyone can make any sticker with via an inkjet printer. Anyone have experience of this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:14 pm 
might be worth getting a quote from these following companies

http://www.printingblue.co.uk/rectangular-stickers.asp

http://www.digital-display-printing.co. ... ckers.html

http://www.edgesigns.co.uk/shop/labelsandstickers

Let us know what they quote for a dealership sized rear window sticker

Best of luck :)

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:07 pm 
I have found a eBayer who says he can can produce a one off. I am submitting the design and dimensions tomorrow to him so let's see what he comes up with.

Thanks for the leads though Rob :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 pm 
no problem. Happy to help anyone,anywhere I can :)

Let us know how you get on ;)

Rob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 pm 
Just an update...

To say I have now made contact with eBayer and he is willing to help out on my single stand alone sticker. Artwork (to my design) and I can have a choice of colours.

£10.00 for him to do the artwork, £4.00 for the sticker itself and then as many stickers as I want after that for £4.00.

So I am going to proceed with this, then see what I get, then approach him about getting a Mann Egerton one made up for the rear screen in my car rather like this one;

But more of a generic one without the address and phone number. If this can be achieved would anyone else be interested in a Mann Egerton one? If not, and assuming they come out nicely I will put the details up of as to who is making these and how to contact them so you can see about him making up other ones for your supplying dealer :) .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:38 pm 
Wow! that is really good news!

I would like my dealership sticker making up - but as of yet I do not know who my original supplying dealer was :lol: still waiting for DVLA to get back to me.

Let me know how they turn out (p.s If the info from the DVLA turns up,before you get these stickers made up,I will be in touch) As its suspected my car,might have come from Mann Egerton's (but... not 100% sure)

Rob :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 pm 
Just to update you...

I received the sticker today through the post...well sticker(s) as he had run 4 more additional ones off at no extra cost.

Pleased to report that they are of top quality and well worth the money for what I paid to the man for the time he must of put in making the design as crisp as it appears to be.

If anyone needs a similar sticker please PM me and I will be happy to pass on the company's details to you. :)