The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:24 pm 
Ok guys iv been asked to organise this one, and we really need to know numbers as its only 6 weeks away...

The event is held in coventry at the war mamorial park just off the A45 (up the road from stoneliegh for those who know) on the first weekend on september (1st & 2nd )

There is usally over 500 cars take part in the run, which last year was a 52mile around coventry & warwickshire!!
everybody comes out and waves and villages put on street partys which you are more than welcome to stop at and have a drink and something to eat!!

There is a weekend package avialible for those travelling from a far which consists of....

Saturday 1 September

Participation in the concourse display in Millennium Place.
Eligibility for 'The People's Choice' competition.
Optional 'Motoring Heritage Tour'.
The Museum Curator will give a tailor made guided tour of Coventry's motor manufacturing heritage in one of the Museum's classic buses. This will feature a remarkable 42 motor manufacturing sites including: Motor Mills, Riley engines, Daimler, Triumph, SS / Jaguar Cars, Standard, Lea Francis, Calcott, Humber, Armstrong Siddeley, Maudslay, Swift and many more.
This popular tour will run twice during the day and must be pre-booked
Exclusive evening reception hosted by the Lord Mayor of Coventry incorporating an evening with Graham Robson (ex-Coventry designer and development engineer, motorsport manager, author and historian) and Rosemary Smith, renowned rally driver.
Overnight parking with security.
Bed and breakfast accommodation in a four star Hilton hotel.
Transport to and from the hotel.

Sunday 2 September

Participation in the run.
Privileged start from Millennium Place. (weekend parcipitants only sunday parcipitants start from the mamorial park)
Sunday afternoon activities.

The package price of £85.00 is for up to two people. If you would like to bring additional guests for the weekend you are very welcome. However, there is an additional charge of £85 per room B&B, (single, twin or double), for these guests. Those wishing to invite guests to join them on the Sunday only are welcome to do so at no extra charge.

Participation for the Sunday Run only is £17.50 per car (optional £5 extra for souvenir gift).

more info.....
http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk/e ... index.html

Iv done the sunday run for the last 4 years, and last year we had a club stand with about 7 cars on!!

It really is a great day!!

If i can get numbers for this then we can send out the forms or you can download them from the link....

http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk/e ... m-2007.pdf

Nathan

Last years line up

Last edited by Nathan Mwk 627G on Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't forget that the transport museum has free admission and its collection includes VA1 (the first production Sprint). It's well worth a visit :D .

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:03 pm 
Ok i have had an E-mail from the museum and the deadline is next wednesday for entrants

We have a club stand and there is room for 20 cars!!!

If you just want to go on the stand and not do the run then all you have todo is turn up, (but let me know your coming or you wont get in!!!)

If you want to go on the run then you have to resister by sending the entry form and payment to the museum but note on the form you are going on the club stand!!!

Like i said the deadline is WENESDAY 25 JULY

If you want to know anymore then PM me or you can ring me on...

024 76 440737

Please call between 6 and 9.30 and ill be happy to talk things over!

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:14 pm 
TDC Committee

Unfortunately we cannot make this year due to other commitments.

This is a great event with lots of different cars and great atmosphere. Lots of people watch the run

Marsh

Post subject: Coventry Run
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:32 pm 
TDC Committee

Now probable.... negotiating the penalty for release from the other commitment!!!!!

Marsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:24 am 
I now have all the details and club passes for those who are coming, I will be taking the information up to the coventry meet at the village next wednesday!! If you cant make it then PM me and i will send the information to you!!

Thanks Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:38 pm 
TDC Committee

Nathan,
Great day thanks for organising the club stand. It was a good turnout and though the stand was the opposite corner of the field to the coffee it was one of the best spots for people seeing the cars.

Nice to see so many diferent cars setting off on the run somethig like 450 cars with lots more on club stands. All sorts, from early cars to the latest.

Plenty to do while you were all driving round the route but your smiles from the MIRA visit (at 45MPH honest guv). I think I missed a good one!.

Marsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:19 pm 
Marsh, Thanks for the kind comments, it was my first attempt at organising the club stand and im glad it all worked out!! Had a nice turn out of cars!!

Yeah coffee....we'l have to sort something out about that :lol: but your right it was a nice spot for the stand!!

MIRA, yeah you missed a great experiance, if it wasn't for Yvonne telling me to leave the place i most probably still be going round :lol: if everybody behaved them selves then hopefully wel be doing it next year!!

Thanks to everybody that turned up, i really enjoyed it and i hope you guys did aswell!!

Here to next year!!!!

Nathan