The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:00 pm 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

Rather disappointing haul really. A haynes manual for a 1500 (£1), some polish, 100 razor blades (the really nasty ones) and some latex gloves despite the fact my wife is a Dentist and has an infinite supply of them.

As ever there were many things I could have come back with if I had the money/space etc. I'll have to start saving for the next one.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:44 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

I bought a dashboard (which turned out to be from a Triumph 2000 Mk2) just for the clock, (the clock works!) a handbook for the Sprint, a data booklet for the Acclaim, a chrome passenger door mirror for the Sprint, and the top part of the gearknob which has the gear positions and is screwed to the overdrive switch. The last one I didn't need but a brand new one looks better.

I nearly forgot. Here's my pics from the show:

West Yorkshire Area Organiser
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - a project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint), NYE 751L (1972 Dolomite 1850 auto) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 pm 

Quote:
Ceri i wont forget about the the quarter lights for you and ill keep a look out for some of the reversing lights i use as head/spot lights for you!!
I have a selection of old/period lights that you are welcome to consider, I'll try and dig out a photo...

thought I had a better pic than this (as there are a lot more of them) but its a start Image

I have some of those discreet reversing lights that you see on the toledos and maybe the fwds as well... [/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:34 am 
Ken is looking very excited, whats Bruce got in that bag for him :lol:

David, yes im two boxes short now, phone call coming your way soon and i may be intrested in the lights with yellow lenes.

new club banner idea........

*THE TRIUMPHDOLOMITECLUB*
the club with no dolomites

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 am 
Sadly nothing for me in the bag, oh well. Just a quick thank you (again) to everybody who was kind enough to supply and bring all the little and not so little bits for Lemondrop. Very much appreciated and if I can return the favour at any point then just ask.

J, door cards ok for you? I nearl;y forgot to get them out of the car :roll:

Should be "The Triumph Dolomiteless Club" :lol:

Actually made a nice change from all of of those Sprints, 1850's that we normally see :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:26 pm 
The door cards are going into the breeding room, i will keep you informed of the outcome :lol:

Post subject: LIKE MINDED PEEPS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:00 pm 
Was great to meet some like minded people on sunday and to discover you have this website and a club too :D So many classic car enthusiasts look down their noses at cars like the toledo, chatted with a guy on sunday just like that, "we have a mk1 jag and an e-type, we know what were doing" So just cos i have a Tolly means i dont know what im doing?? Was first time i had been to stonleigh and was fantastic :D (apart from above mentioned jag owner) . We will be becoming fully paid up TDC members soon too. This is my third 2 door tolly and only bought it couple of weeks ago but unlike the other two this one gonna be restored and will be a usable classic :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:41 pm 
Hello,
Im not on here much, im Michael's son, and i popped my head round the stand with my camera. Ive only just had chance to look through the photos and thought id post them up.
I've resized them all and reduced the resolution as well, so if anyone would like full sized images, drop me an email. (andrewgoldstraw90@hotmail.com)

Ive Edited a few of them, Black and White, and focusing on particular parts, like your club shirts and windscreen banner so ive cropped the images a bit, but ive got all the originals etc.

Sorry if ive put a few too many on, i did try to make them small.
Failing this if it takes too long to open they are on my onlive gallery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldeeno/s ... 811832748/

Cheers
Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:40 pm 
Andrew,

There brilliant photo's, i like the way you have focused on particular parts!! also the black and white ones really look smart!!

I think you will be having an e-mail from me very soon for the full size photos!!

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:48 pm 
great piccys, thanks putting in the effort to post them here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:18 pm 
not a problem like i say, just drop me an email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:33 pm 
Can you get roof racks for a dolomite ?

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:28 pm 
Actually it did come off a Ford :lol: Consul or similar and he had to reduce it's width by a couple of inches to get it to fit MKW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:47 am 
any old style roof rack that clamps onto the gutter will be fine
i have a metal one which is unused but the two front legs differ from the rear two, that i may sell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:12 am 
Sarah said she liked the pics with the tshirts in colour and car in b/w, maybe something like that could be done for publicity photos.

a 1300fwd,1300dolly and twin lighter in b/w with the regalia in colour?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next