The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:15 pm 
TDC Committee

The Triumph 1300 Register now has limited stocks of newly made high quality top and bottom hoses for the Toledo & Dolomite 1300 and 1500

See current Dolly Mixture for prices. Beware of poorer quality imported hoses with a fabric reinforcement. ours are Kevlar reinforced and shojuld give years of service.

Special price only to club members
Tried to add a photo of them but for some reason it seems not to want to add it. !!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:58 pm 
TDC Member

A pic would be fine and were these recently made? The combi of words reinforced and kevlar isn't something positive.

Jeroen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If, as a Club member, you read Dolly Mixture, you will see the explanation regarding these hoses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm 
TDC Member

I now just did read but these look just like the kevlar reinforced epdm hoses that fail within a half years service. These were the outcome for unobtainable hoses 15 years ago but very soon it became clear these were not the ones to use because these split within a year. I alway's buy NOS hoses from ebay. The white powdery stuff on the outside does wash off with water. I never had any problems with these NOS BL or QH hoses and have these on all my cars, also the non Triumph classics.

Jeroen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:08 am 
TDC Member

I have to say i agree.. ive had very bad results with kevlar reinforced hoses perishing fast. Ive also used old stock QH as well with no ill effects.