The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When is it?: Sunday 3rd September, 10.30am – 4.30pm

Where is it at?: Notcutts Woodford Park Garden Centre, Chester Road, Woodford, Stockport, Cheshire, SK7 1QS - see https://www.notcutts.co.uk/garden-centres/woodford-park

How much is it to get in?: it’s FREE! Members or non-members and their families are very welcome to attend. Traders, autojumblers and members of other clubs are also invited, there’s no charge at all.
Please register your car with Notcutts by emailing tewj@notcutts.co.uk . This is purely so that they can plan carparking space. No personal details will be collected or shared and car registration numbers will be deleted immediately after the event. Thank you for your co-operation.

So what’s it all about then?: It’s our annual get together, guaranteed to be the largest gathering of Dolomites, Toledos and FWD cars in the world! It’s our usual mix of informal concours, autojumble and regalia sales. Notcutts is a great place to visit for people of all ages, whether they’re classic car fans or not. A truly great day out for ALL the family – don’t miss it!

Accommodation
The local hotel to the Garden Centre is called the Deanwater Hotel. They can do a double room which is room only for £100 per night, extra £20 per room to have breakfast included. A single room is £85 room only.
They have availability for the weekend of the event but do have a function on, on the Saturday so they suggested to book early to avoid disappointment.
The hotel is literally 1 mile from the Garden Centre.
Address is:
The Deanwater Hotel
Wilmslow Road
Woodford
Cheshire
SK7 1RJ

Tel ; 01625 552906

Email , info@thedeanwaterhotel.co.uk

For anyone wishing to make a booking at The Deanwater please mention ‘Notcutts’ in the booking so that they know they are part of the car event and so get the special room rate.

There are various Premier Inns around Wilmslow and Handforth that could be booked as well but these would be standardd rates.

More info: telephone Triumph Dolomite Club 0203 195 3945 or email info@triumphdolomiteclub.com or visit www.triumphdolomiteclub.com

Attachments:
Triumph Dolomite Club International Rally 2023 A3 Final.pdf [3.29 MiB]
Downloaded 44 times

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:00 pm 
TDC Member

It's in my calendar. Bit of a long trip up from Reading along the M6 for a 51 year old car but I'm up for the challenge. :D

I know it's been held at pretty southern locations the last few years and we have plenty of members further north so not complaining, just observing and contemplating!

1971 Triumph Toledo 2 door
1977 Triumph Stag
Toledo blog, Toledo & Dolomite part catalogues & repair manuals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:50 pm 
TDC Cheshire Area Organiser

Hope to be there with a few other members. 8)

Tony.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:28 am 
TDC Member

I hope to have a long weekend in the area as there are a lot of National Trust places in the area and the plan is to attend the event on the Sunday.

It would be good if some other club members are planning to do the same as we would be able to meet up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:57 am 
TDC Member

Will also do a long weekend. I'm also planning to do the Avro Heritage Museum and the Quarry Bank Textile Mill, both of which are nearby and appeal to my "special" interests.

1971 Triumph Toledo 2 door
1977 Triumph Stag
Toledo blog, Toledo & Dolomite part catalogues & repair manuals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Accommodation details now added to the original post.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:40 pm 
TDC Member

[It's in my calendar. Bit of a long trip up from Reading along the M6 for a 51 year old car but I'm up for the challenge. :D]
267 miles for me from Plymouth. Double for the return.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:40 am 
TDC Member

If you think it is too far to drive up and back in a day I have just been looking at the Stockport south Premier Inn and it is very expensive for the Saturday night but only £35 for the Sunday night so why not stay for the Sunday night and drive back on the Monday. With any luck if a number of us stay there we should be able to have a chat and possibly a meal together in the evening.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please register your car with Notcutts by emailing tewj@notcutts.co.uk . This is purely so that they can plan carparking space. No personal details will be collected or shared and car registration numbers will be deleted immediately after the event. Thank you for your co-operation.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:02 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I'm fortunate that one of my brothers lives in Wilmslow, just a few miles from the event venue, so I'm staying with them the night before. My sister-in-law has just sent me this in an e-mail:
Quote:
We are looking forward to you joining us over the weekend of 2nd-4th September and I know you are planning to attend Car Rally in nearby Woodford on Sunday 3rd.

I recently spotted in some local news that Stage 1 of the Tour of Britain race which takes place on that day starts in Altrincham and goes through Wilmslow, Woodford and then on into Manchester, though at present there are no timings.

Below is a link to the full tour and a screenshot of the route and Woodford Garden Centre (which is where I think you are meeting) is on the route, opposite the Avro Heritage Museum.

The race has been held round here before and I recall they run a rolling roadblock for a period of time, but there could obviously be congestion in the area of the route.
I will keep an eye open for any further info over the coming weeks and forward it on to you.

Julia

https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/stage-one/
Forewarned is fore armed!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:52 pm 
TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser

Thanks Alun! At least we can watch some cycling then! Let's hope they don't hang around too long.

TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser.
TDC/TSSC group meeting - 3rd Tuesday of the month

1980 1500HL - OPD
1976 Sprint - SWU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:13 am 

Less than a week to go now, so looking forward to seeing a good number of club members on Sunday.

Jonathan has had a good response rate for registering vehicles and we have a number of visitors also attending with other classics, so it should be an interesting turnout of people.

See you on Sunday - let's hope the weather is kind to us.

Best Wishes

MC

1980 1500HL - OPD
1976 Sprint - SWU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:14 pm 

Just an update on the bike race which will take place on Sunday.

The road outside Notcutts will be closed between 11.30- 12.30 for approx 50 minutes.

I am sure most visitors to our gathering will be onsite before 11.30, but it is worth bearing in mind.

I am sure the bikes will pass through quickly as the weather is looking kind for us all and hopefully the wind will be behind them too!

Kind Regards

MC

1980 1500HL - OPD
1976 Sprint - SWU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:26 pm 
TDC Member

Its the Tour of Britain which passes the garden centre on Sunday morning. Its a rolling closure so the road will only be closed for 10 to 15 minutes while the race convoy passes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:06 pm 
TDC Member

All polished up ready for tomorrow, see you there.