Door key locks

For everything to do with Dolomites, Toledos, FWD cars and Dolomite-based kitcars.
oh-no-its-john

Door key locks

#1 Post by oh-no-its-john »

My 1300 FWD (SC) has knackered door key locks. Looking to replace them. Are they common with any other Triumphs/other cars?
Happy to strip down and fit new barrels if I know what to buy.
Thanks.
new to this
TDC Member

Re: Door key locks

#2 Post by new to this »

Why not take your door locks and key in to a locksmith he should be able to rebuild your locks plus your still only need one key

Dave
ian.stewart
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

#3 Post by ian.stewart »

ClassicFan
TDC Member

#4 Post by ClassicFan »

oh-no-its-john wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm My 1300 FWD (SC) has knackered door key locks. Looking to replace them. Are they common with any other Triumphs/other cars?
Thanks.
So is the lock barrels that are the problem, or is it worn keys?

I ask as I had an ignition lock issue but I had a new key cut which resolved it and it means 1 key still operates the ignition and the door locks. I even found a seller who supplied a key for the boot lock from the number on it so I now have 2 sets of keys for the car.
1979 Dolomite SE (Black Obviously)

1991 Rover 216 GSi in Lynx Bronze

Dave
oh-no-its-john

#5 Post by oh-no-its-john »

ClassicFan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:50 am
oh-no-its-john wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm My 1300 FWD (SC) has knackered door key locks. Looking to replace them. Are they common with any other Triumphs/other cars?
Thanks.

I ask as I had an ignition lock issue but I had a new key cut which resolved it and it means 1 key still operates the ignition and the door locks. I even found a seller who supplied a key for the boot lock from the number on it so I now have 2 sets of keys for the car.
I'm pretty sure that the door locks are odd- doors having been replaced in the past. Drivers lock is so slack it can be opened with a screwdriver and passenger will take a key but won't turn.
I was sort of hoping that maybe Herald or Spitfire etc barrels would fit.......
new to this
TDC Member

#6 Post by new to this »

oh-no-its-john wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:52 pm
ClassicFan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:50 am
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the door locks are odd- doors having been replaced in the past. Drivers lock is so slack it can be opened with a screwdriver and passenger will take a key but won't turn.
I was sort of hoping that maybe Herald or Spitfire etc barrels would fit.......
Just take the door locks to a locksmith say which key you want he will be able to rebuild your locks so you just need the one key

Dave