The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:19 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Appreciate this is a topic that has been covered a few times, I've lifted some information from a previous thread if anyone can help with a few questions.

The first is does anyone have or know where I can get my hands on the mounting bracket to connect the O/D to the mount? Part ULC2797.

I'm also after the 2 bracing plates (part 155304) but they look pretty straight forward to make if not. I would probably just need the thickness of the plates?

Bracket to clamp exhaust to rear of O/D - part UKC4098. Again, I know this isn't essential but if anyone has one or a photo of one that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Dan.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:52 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Hello Dan,

You are in luck, I had UKC2797 copied last year and had three made, I have one left! You'll need to weld the bolt into it though, but I can tell you the size/length required.

I can also supply a pair of used 155304

The exhaust bracket may be harder to source, I did have one but I recall it sold a couple of years ago; Richard Old may be along shortly as he's probably your best bet for a photograph/dimensions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:41 pm 
TDC Member

The original brackets were made from 1/8 inch plate but as I could not bent that I made one from a Wickes Raised bed Galvanised Corner Bracket Part 226292 as this was already bent. It was a bit thinner but it was the best I could find and seems to be fine.
It is secured by using two of the gearbox/adaptor plate bolts.
You need to use a 1 5/8th inch / 42 mm exhaust clamp to secure the exhaust to the bracket.

I hope the attached photo will allow you to produce a bracket but if you send me your address I will send you a paper pattern.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:17 pm 

Well, I thought they were different to that, having a bend in them; maybe that was the non-overdrive version?

Anyway, I have a couple of those sitting in a box of unidentified parts, although one has burst the hole at the clamp end!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:45 pm 
TDC Member

I am glad that I have been able to identify something you have had in a box for some time.

The non O/D type is shown in the photograph.

As you have an overdrive type bracket is it something you could get remanufactured as I suspect there will be a number of club members that would like to obtain and fit one as it helps to prevent the exhaust manifold to down pipe blowing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:57 pm 

Yes, I can certainly get some made

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:40 am 

Thank you both for your input on this, it is very much appreciated.

Drawings and pictures are very useful Richard so thanks for those although I suspect I will come across the similar issue of bending the correct gauge material.

If you are planning on getting a batch made It would be good and I certainly be interested in one!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:33 pm 

Still waiting on the UKC2797 copies, but I do now have UKC4098 copies in hand. £30 each inc postage.