The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:51 pm 
I'm not sure I can make this now, looks likely my head gaskets gone... Not sure whether to say I can't make it as I may be able to have it done by then.... But then I may not be able too.... ugghhhh....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:27 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Splitter...if you can cross the Country on two plugs you can do anything!

Just keep an eye on the gauge and stop regularly at 3/4 and fill up after it has cooled down. HG was my first serious job on a Sprint and I ran it for about three weeks like that until it would no longer do J1 M3 to J11 M25 to get me to work :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:43 pm 
I got about 10 miles on 2 plugs! It shot out one more after that and then we got trailored home by Scott G :lol:

What I'm worried about is getting oil in the water and knackering the engine that way. if theres no mayo under the cap that isn't happening is it? I've seen bubbles on the dip stick though..., small ones...

Post subject: Convoy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 am 
For those travelling from Oxfordshire (or travelling through), what time should we meet up to travel down, and will this be at Sainsburys Heyford Hill or is there an alternative suggestion?
8)

Post subject: Meet up
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:32 pm 
TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser

Oxford sounds like a good place Mike, or I'm thinking near Wantage?

Mad Mart asks Malc whether to meet in Salisbury like they did last year. That gets my vote.

If we met at Wantage, Bellingers at grove perhaps? we could travel down the A338 to Hungerford, then onwards to Salisbury. Nice run over the downs, prob preferable to A34.

7.30 meet up give us time do u think for an 8.30 meet in Salisbury?

Post subject: hpom meet
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:36 pm 
TDC South Hants Area Organiser

I know Julian is travelling from salisbury maybe you guys could meet up with him too.

Post subject: HPOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:22 am 
Bellingers, Grove, 07:30 it is then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:29 pm 
Arggghhh I'm probably going to have to drop out of this. I've hit a snagg, I can no longer fund my Dolly habit :cry:

So I'm looking in to buyin a 'road' car, one I can clock mileage up without feeling guilty

Edit*

Oh I'm not selling up! Just planning on getting something extra :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:17 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

You've done that once already. You bought a dead cheap car with a bombproof engine. Turned out the car needed a small amount of welding, which you did, and a tiny value in parts on the engine which you didn't. It was a nice maroony red iirc. Gay wing mirrors tho. What happened to that car?

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:19 pm 
I want something I can just get in and drive, park anywhere without caring, drive long distances without using 200 gallons of petrol and something I can put a million miles on without caring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:42 am 
Julien (not tin the other one) is coming from Salisbury but he is away this week and may be uncontactable before hand.

Gay wing mirrors ,what is this word coming too ,you would never have seen a pair of gay mirrors happliy prancing down the street when i was a youngter. yoof of today don't know how easy they have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:14 pm 
anyone who is going to this on saturday happen to have a set of front footwell carpets?/ would be interested in them.. good secound hand originals preferred...????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:18 pm 
Thanks to Chris for sending my pass in the post and to Justyn for resetting my password so that I can log on to the forum!

Looking forward to the pagaent, who knows I might even wash the 1500!

If you need another gazebo I could ask my neighbour; he is big into Anglias and should have one that I can borrow.

Probably won't get chance to look at the forum until Saturday as I won't have net access for the next few days.

I will be travelling from Salisbury, aiming to arrive by 09:15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:18 pm 
Hello stranger ,dont forget your password this time :lol:

gazebos sorted,im burrowing a marque sized one.

Post subject: HPOM SUNDAY
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:10 pm 
TDC South Hants Area Organiser

Everthing just about sorted for this now, just waiting on the weather,
looking forward to seeing you all it looks like we will have 16 cars now with good variety too, as far as i can make out the following people are meeting at the redezvous point (ROWNHAMS SERVICES WESTBOUND M27) on the SUNDAY 26TH AUG between 0830 - 0845

Me,Justyn,Sarah,Len,Debs,Dave B,Reg,James P,Paul Wills,Paul Harris,Nick C.

The following are meeting us on site before 0930am

Malc,Mart,Mike G,Matt C and Julian

Please correct me if i have this wrong.

For those meeting at Rownhams (WESTBOUND) If you think you may be late give me a ring on my mobile NO. 07745244543 and we will try and sort something out.

cheers

chris curtis

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next