Unobtanium and old core

For everything to do with Dolomites, Toledos, FWD cars and Dolomite-based kitcars.
Richard the old one
TDC Member

Unobtainable items

#16 Post by Richard the old one »

It now seems as if the steering column upper bearing is now also unobtainable. Part number 153393
David6214
Saving up to join the Club!

#17 Post by David6214 »

I guess its too cheeky to mention I have a rear screen for sale....oops wrong section :wink:
Previous owner of 42 Dolomite shaped vehicles, 14 Sprints, 12 1850s, 8 1500s, 3 V8s, 3 Toledos and 2 SEs
tinweevil

#18 Post by tinweevil »

:shock: can you believe the cheek? :lol:

List updated.

I've ammended washer pumps to be only the bottle top type as the rivet on lucas ones are appearing on the bay remanufactured. Are the rear exhaust brackets the same for left and right exit?

Tinweevil
1978 Pageant Sprint - the rustomite, 1972 Spitfire IV - sprintfire project, 1968 Valencia GT6 II - little Blue, 1980 Vermillion 1500HL - resting. 1974 Sienna 1500TC, Mrs Weevils big brown.
Warner Bigend

#19 Post by Warner Bigend »

Stan Part wrote: 1300FWD front indicator/side lights - I understand are VERY hard to find in any condition.
Not that hard, or sought after.

That one was bought new from Mick Dolphin 3 or 4 years ago for less than a tenner IIRC. Like a lot of the 1300 stuff I've got, there's no demand so I imagine there's probably a reasonable supply still from somewhere.
tinweevil

#20 Post by tinweevil »

Bump to top again. Could this thread please be made sticky?
MalcGE

#21 Post by MalcGE »

Ahah, was looking for this, see also

viewtopic.php?t=2221
Sprintinbits

#22 Post by Sprintinbits »

Sorry to sound thick (again) but what is an 'adjustable' tie bar?
Come to mention it, what is a tie bar?
I guess I've taken them off my car, along with the front subframe but I'm not sure what bits they are :shrug:
Ant

Exhaust bracket

#23 Post by Ant »

its not "handed" .. it fits both sides, just has to be turned around when fitted to the opposite side to locate onto the rubber mounting.
Dollyboy

#24 Post by Dollyboy »

vinyl d pillar trims, sprint/hl
1300dolly

#25 Post by 1300dolly »

fwd clutch cover plates

do you mean the pressure plate???????????????

Ive asked in the other two threads but got no reply.
89mustang

Re subframes

#26 Post by 89mustang »

Welding to subframe is no longer a failiure item, provided it looks good and does not weaken it!
spanishdolly

Re: Unobtanium and old core

#27 Post by spanishdolly »

Lhd sprint dashboard very elusive part... remember that in continental Europe exist sprint fans too, I need all wooden dashboard, time clock, glovebox and black vinil dash, mine is not destroy but not perfect and do´nt want to idsmantle car for two weeks and keeps me hanging on restoring the dashboard, I prefer another complete, not perfect required and restored then and when finished then fix in one day, next day onthe road again.

Regards, Raul

p.s. I live in Madrid if somebody whants to sell one LHD dashboard for a sprint...
DavePoth
TDC Member

#28 Post by DavePoth »

spanishdolly wrote:Lhd sprint dashboard very elusive part... remember that in continental Europe exist sprint fans too, I need all wooden dashboard, time clock, glovebox and black vinil dash, mine is not destroy but not perfect and do´nt want to idsmantle car for two weeks and keeps me hanging on restoring the dashboard, I prefer another complete, not perfect required and restored then and when finished then fix in one day, next day onthe road again.

Regards, Raul

p.s. I live in Madrid if somebody whants to sell one LHD dashboard for a sprint...
If the vinyl part is OK then all of the wood pieces can be changed quite easily. I wonder if the RHD wood bits will work in a LHD dash?
bifold

#29 Post by bifold »

spanishdolly wrote:Lhd sprint dashboard very elusive part... remember that in continental Europe exist sprint fans too, I need all wooden dashboard, time clock, glovebox and black vinil dash, mine is not destroy but not perfect and do´nt want to idsmantle car for two weeks and keeps me hanging on restoring the dashboard, I prefer another complete, not perfect required and restored then and when finished then fix in one day, next day onthe road again.

Regards, Raul

rimmers had LHD dashboard veneer sets (wooden bits), in the sale last year worth looking on their web site :D
spanishdolly

#30 Post by spanishdolly »

I just found one instruments facia with all the clocks and gauges in Italy for 60 Euros with chrome rings dials, by the way, which is the square light on the right lower corner?
Mine don´t have, it maybe seat belts warning light?

Regards, Raul.