The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Old Core
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:24 pm 
Folks, there has been quite a bit of interest in the adjustable tie bars in the last issue of DM. We need some old units 'as core' to get the whole exchange programme to fly. Like many of these initiatives, small batches are the way to go. The amount of old units that are needed on any exchange item are quite large as innevitably you end up with about four categories
Produced Units Ready to Go
Old Units with member awaiting return
Old units at TDC spares accumulating :shrug:
Old units at manufacturer in production
Say half a dozen at each stage and you have 20 car sets of tie bars needed, 18 more than TDC spares has at the moment

OHV Clutch Slaves also needed :nodding:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:58 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

clutch slaves I can probably help you out with a couple, not sure when I can get them to you though. Mr Saitrix should have one as well....I'm having a sort out soon (started with the engines and boxes and working my way down and there will be some stuff coming out from that.

I'll check the list onb the sticky again and see what it is I should be saving Malc.

I reckon I have a 127 alternator, 3 clutch slaves, maybe more another alternator, maybe a rack or two, want any starter motors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:20 pm 
David, all of those items are good useful core, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:40 am 
Malc, loads of tie bars in my garage with the bush section worn. I'll have to work out a way of getting them to you.

David

Post subject: clutch slaves
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:42 am 
I do have 2 clutch slaves kicking around at the moment (somewhere) that need attention to the bores - not entirely sure when I'll see them again amongst the other bits I've got, but I will remember to send them on eventually!

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:15 pm 
Thanks chaps. Dave if you do fancy a trip down to Leamington to see some action, i'm there every other Sat Morning with my lad Matt http://www.mrkarting.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:44 am 
Malc, I'll bear that in mind, but my lads are normally swimming on saturday mornings, so it might not be until July!

David