Stole a day in the garage today. A productive day as well!
Managed to adjust the rear brakes and bleed the air from the system. I thought that the pedal had a lot of travel, and had read about the trackerjack brakes having that symptom. But adjusting the rear shoes and another bleed seems to have given a much better pedal.
I had also noticed that the car sat a bit lower on one side and so have adjusted the Gaz shocks to level the car out. Won’t know if that’s been a success until I get the car back on it’s wheels. I want the car to sit a little lower than standard so I have lowered the spring platforms in the hope of lowering an inch, we will see if it has worked.
Also, whilst the engine has been running it had rocked about a bit too much for my liking. I had bought a small job lot of bushes and bits from eBay that contained a decent pair of original engine mounts. When I got the old ones off today it was clear that the right hand mount was shot;
I think these are original mounts. Used but in decent condition;
They fitted up perfectly, which is another reason to think that they genuine - not repro. I was quite surprised at how easy they were to fit - just the usual issues with access to anything because of the subframe. After jacking the engine up far enough to remove the rubbers whilst still mounted to the engine bracket, I mounted the new rubbers to the brackets then bolted them to the engine. With a bit of lubrication to the mating surfaces they lined up pretty much straight away when I dropped the engine back down on the jack. Result
Overdrive still seems to be leaking oil from the sump gasket, so I’ll tackle that next. Then it should be time to get the interior back in. I’ve a new carpet coming from Coverdale and seem to have all the parts to rebuild the interior, but time will tell as it wasn’t me who stripped it out in the first place! It could be another jigsaw with missing pieces!