Subframe mount dimensions

For everything to do with Dolomites, Toledos, FWD cars and Dolomite-based kitcars.
GIX 7
TDC Member

Subframe mount dimensions

#1 Post by GIX 7 »

Hello there;
Before I start welding my new n/s chassis leg into place, can anyone confirm the dimensions between the subframe mounting points? I have kept as close as I can to the traces of the old one. However it appears that the distance between the front and rear points is appx. 22" from centre to centre of each mount. Is there any leeway if the new mount is slightly out? I almost got caught out when clamping the new leg into place; it moved forward a good 1/4. " More careful clamping reduced the distance to 2/16". Is that good enough?
Many thanks
Tony
new to this
TDC Member

Re: Subframe mount dimensions

#2 Post by new to this »

GIX 7 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:26 pm Hello there;
Before I start welding my new n/s chassis leg into place, can anyone confirm the dimensions between the subframe mounting points? I have kept as close as I can to the traces of the old one. However it appears that the distance between the front and rear points is appx. 22" from centre to centre of each mount. Is there any leeway if the new mount is slightly out? I almost got caught out when clamping the new leg into place; it moved forward a good 1/4. " More careful clamping reduced the distance to 2/16". Is that good enough?
Many thanks
Tony
Why dont you bolt up the subframe so its in place before you start any welding
GIX 7
TDC Member

Re: Subframe mount dimensions

#3 Post by GIX 7 »

Good idea!