The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Boot floor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:35 pm 
TDC Member

Good afternoon all,

I am gathering parts for the restoration of my sprint which I am of course doing in stages. Working from the rear I have ordered a boot floor panel from Rimmer bros which does not cover the complete area. Reading some late posts it seems to be an issue with this part. I have contacted rimmer brothers and they say this is the only boot floor panel they do.

I have noticed that there are some repair panels for the boot but I would like to know how much of the boot they cover. They cover o/s and n/s but it would be nice to know how far inwards they fit and if they cover the width of the actual boot.

I hope this has made sense and if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Post subject: Re: Boot floor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:28 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Have a look here at panel B:

https://postlmg.cc/9R41Pf86

The two side panels extend up to the tank well and spare wheel well respectively. We also have a circular concave panel spun that can be used to repair the spare wheel well, but that has yet to be pictured.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:04 pm 
TDC Member

Cancel your order with Rimmers if its the full floor you've ordered. Their attempt at creating the bowl under the fuel tank is awful. Forgivable for a concealed part but you can clearly see it from the rear of our cars. If its just the area where the floor meets the wings the club repair panels will do nicely. If your undertank area needs repair then you'd do far better securing a second hand one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:30 am 
TDC Member

Hi

I fitted a Rammers boot panel, and wish I hadn't at the time as the bowl for the tank is so wrong I had to make spacers to raise the back of the tank an inch!

My whole floor was gone, but it its the edges just use the club panels, far better.

Regards

Barry

1975 Triumph 1500 TC various shades of blue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:32 am 
TDC Member

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies and I will be sending back the rimmer brothers item. The damage is mostly in the corners and the repair items should do the trick.
There are a couple of pin holes in the centre of the boot area but I think these can be sorted out without any problems.

Thanks again :)