Intertia reel rear seatbelts fitting

For everything to do with Dolomites, Toledos, FWD cars and Dolomite-based kitcars.
Bunji
Saving up to join the Club!
Saving up to join the Club!

Intertia reel rear seatbelts fitting

#1 Post by Bunji »

In the process of fitting Securon 254 rear belts, and finding the fitting of the inertia reels on the parcel tray challenging.

What direction have others positioned the Z bracket? Facing forward or backward?

I've seen some photos of it facing forward with the reels sitting on top of the seat back, but to get the bolt fully into the captive mount, the seat back will need to squash down quite a lot, and it doesn't feel like it will.

Positioning the bracket backward might allow the inertia reel to clear the seatback, if the bracket was longer.

Also, on the drivers side, the locking mechanism that protrudes to the side appears to foul on the C pillar, given the belts aren't "handed".

1972 Toledo 4 door "Betty"
new to this
TDC Member

Re: Intertia reel rear seatbelts fitting

#2 Post by new to this »

The seat belt reel sits on the parcel shelf, the Z bracket is the to lift the reel so it doesn't fail on the rear seat
Dave
hoops
TDC Member

#3 Post by hoops »

I've just fitted the same to my 1850HL, I had the 'z' bracket facing backwards so the reel would clear the top of the rear of the seat.

Hunting for an 1850HL...
MIG Wielder
TDC Member

#4 Post by MIG Wielder »

The Securon rear belts in my 1850 are also fitted with the Z-bracket facing to the rear.
The n/s one looks like the photo.

Sorry I can't help with the front seat-belt reel. Mine still has the originals in.
Tony.